To contribute towards a significant reduction in the incidence and prevalence of HIV in Ireland and towards the realisation of an AIDS-free generation.
Advocating for individuals living with HIV, preventing new HIV infections and combating HIV-related stigma and discrimination.
- To work towards reducing the prevalence of HIV in Ireland through effective prevention strategies.
- To increase public awareness and understanding around HIV and AIDS and to reduce the stigma and discrimination connected with HIV and AIDS.
- To improve the quality of life for people living with HIV through quality evidence-based support and advocacy services.
- To enhance the promotion of broader sexual health objectives through education and training and through health promotion projects/campaigns in line with national policy.
- To inform and to influence policy around issues concerning HIV prevention and sexual health and relating to the lives of people living with HIV.
- To enhance the organisational effectiveness and efficiencies of HIV Ireland.
HIV Ireland is a voluntary, non-profit organisation, linked to various local and national networks. HIV Ireland is the non-governmental organisation (NGO) representative for the eastern region on the National AIDS Strategy Committee (NASC) and its Education and Prevention Subcommittee. HIV Ireland is a member of the HIV Services Network (HSN), the Gay Health Network (GHN), the Drugs Education Workers’ Forum (DEWF), Sex Workers Alliance Ireland (SWAI), Dublin Community Forum, Community Sector Employers’ Forum, Employer Resource Bureau, CityWide Prison Links Group, the Treatment and Rehabilitation Subcommittee and the Prevention and Education Subcommittee of the North Inner City Drugs Task Force (NICDTF). HIV Ireland is affiliated to the Irish National Organisation of the Unemployed (INOU) and the Inner City Organisations Network (ICON). Other initiatives supported by HIV Ireland include Narcotics Anonymous (NA), the Union for Improved Services, Communication and Education (UISCE) and Positive Now.
Dublin AIDS Alliance Ltd trading as HIV Ireland is a company limited by guarantee without a share capital, Company no 206162, Registration no 8206162S & Charity no CHY 10858.