Next Training Date: Spring 2018 (date to be confirmed)
Time: 10am to 4:30pm
Venue: HIV Ireland, 70 Eccles Street, Dublin 7
Cost: €105 per person (includes light lunch and refreshments)
This one-day training aims to introduce key aspects of working with clients who are living with HIV, as well as their friends/partners/families and introduces guidelines for professionals working in this area.
Who is the training for?
This training will be beneficial for professional counsellors, therapists, and other mental health workers.
Training Programme Content:
- Overview of HIV (transmission, prevention, testing and treatment).
- Common Presenting Issues.
- Practical Issues.
- Relationships and Sex.
- Emotional/Spiritual Issues.
- Legal Issues.
- Case Studies.
- A Counselling Model.
Length of Training:
This is a full-day training programme, approx. 6½ to 7 hours in duration.
About the Presenters:
This course is facilitated by Rebecca Seery and Richard Boyle. Rebecca, MIACP, BA (Counselling and Psychotherapy), BSocSc, currently works as a Client Support Worker and Counsellor/Psychotherapist with HIV Ireland. Richard Boyle, IICHP, BA (Mod), has worked as a counsellor/psychotherapist with HIV Ireland for nearly twenty years. Rebecca and Richard aim to share their experiences and learning from working with a wide variety of client presenting issues in a stimulating training environment where group participation is encouraged.
Book this training:
- Organisation Bookings: Organisations can request this training when there is a number of staff to be trained. A maximum of 15 participants applies.
Contact us for further details and costs – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request this training for your organisation.
- Calendar of Training: This training programme is included in our annual calendar of training to cater for individual bookings. Check our Calendar of Training for scheduled dates.
Download the HIV: an overview for Counsellors Training Overview.