HIV and Hepatitis C
Next Training Date: Thursday 17th May 2018
Time: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Venue: HIV Ireland, 70 Eccles Street, Dublin 7
Cost: €55 per person
Early bird offer: Book before 20th April for a 20% reduction.
Enter Promotional Code HIV0318 before you ‘Checkout’.
This training aims to provide participants with basic up-to-date and relevant information on HIV and Hepatitis C including transmission, prevention, testing and treatment.
Who is the training for?
The training will be beneficial to people working across a range of sectors who work with service users who may be living with, or at risk of, HIV and hepatitis C, such as drugs-related projects, housing/homeless projects, LGBT organisations, health and social care settings, and organisations working with migrant communities and asylum seekers/refugees.
Training Programme Content:
- Overview of HIV.
- HIV Statistics and trends in HIV diagnoses.
- HIV: transmission, prevention, testing and treatment.
- Condoms and Safer Sex.
- Hepatitis C: transmission, prevention, testing and treatment.
- Managing Hepatitis.
- Hepatitis and HIV co-infection.
- Universal Precautions.
- Services and Resources.
Length of Training:
This is a full-day training programme, approx. 7 hours in duration.
CPD Credits: A certificate of attendance detailing the number of hours training completed is provided to each participant. This will enable you to apply for your own CPD credits with your accrediting associations and organisations.
Book this training:
- Organisation Bookings: Organisations can request this training when there is a number of staff to be trained. A maximum of 15 participants applies. Contact us for further details and (possible) costs – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calendar of Training: This training programme is included in our annual calendar of training to cater for individual bookings. Check our Calendar of Training for scheduled dates.