HIV, Stigma, and Discrimination
This training aims to provide participants with an understanding of HIV, living with HIV and HIV-related stigma.
Who is the training for?
The training will be beneficial to people working across a range of sectors who may work with people living with HIV, or at risk of infection (such as LGBT organisations, drugs-related projects, housing/homeless projects, organisations working with migrant communities and asylum seekers/refugees, and those working in medical and social care settings).
Training Programme Content:
- Overview of HIV: transmission, prevention, testing and treatment.
- Living with HIV: impact of an HIV diagnosis, the impact of HIV-related stigma.
- HIV and the Law: discrimination, transmission, and disclosure.
- Research and case studies (HIV Ireland).
- Challenging HIV-related stigma.
- Services and Resources.
Length of Training:
This is a full-day training programme, approx. 6½ hours in duration.
Request this training:
Organisations can request this training when there is a number of staff to be trained. A maximum of 15 participants applies. Contact us for further details and (possible) costs – email firstname.lastname@example.org.