This training aims to provide participants with an understanding of HIV, living with HIV and HIV-related stigma.
Who is the training for?
The training will be beneficial to professionals across a range of sectors who may work with people living with HIV, or at risk of infection (such as LGBT organisations, drugs-related projects, housing/homeless projects, organisations working with migrant communities and asylum seekers/refugees, and those working in medical and social care settings).
Training Programme Content:
HIV: introductory information on HIV including:
- Overview of HIV.
- HIV transmission, prevention, testing and treatment.
- Stages of HIV infection.
Living with HIV, including:
- Impact of an HIV diagnosis.
- Experiences of HIV Ireland working with people living with HIV.
HIV-related Stigma, including:
- What is stigma and why it exists.
- The impact of HIV-related stigma.
- HIV-related discrimination and the law.
- The Law and HIV Transmission.
- Challenging HIV-related stigma.
Services and resources for people living with HIV.
Length of Training:
This is a full-day training programme, approx. 6 to 6½ hours in duration.
Book this training:
- Organisation Bookings: Organisations can request this training when there is a number of staff to be trained. A maximum of 15 participants applies.
Contact us for further details and costs – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request this training for your organisation.
Download the Living with HIV and Stigma training overview.