STIs, Condoms and Safer Sex
Next training dates:
to be confirmed
Time: 9:30am to 1pm
Venue: HIV Ireland, 70 Eccles Street, Dublin 7
Cost: Free of charge (booking is essential)
This training aims to provide participants with basic up-to-date and relevant information on sexually transmitted infections (STIs), condoms and safer sex practices.
Who is the training for?
The training will be beneficial to people working across a range of sectors who work with people who may be at risk of STIs and poorer sexual health outcomes (such as youth projects and organisations, LGBT organisations, education centres, drugs-related projects, housing/homeless projects and organisations working with migrant communities).
Training Programme Content:
- Overview of STIs.
- STI Statistics and Trends in Ireland.
- STIs: transmission, prevention, testing and treatment.
- Condoms and Safer Sex Practices.
- Services and Resources.
Length of Training:
This is a half-day training programme, approx. 3½ hours in duration.
CPD Credits: A certificate of attendance detailing the number of hours training completed is provided to each participant. This will enable you to apply for your own CPD credits with your accrediting associations and organisations, if relevant.
Book this training:
- Organisation Bookings: Organisations can request this training when there is a number of staff to be trained. A maximum of 15 participants applies. Contact us for further details and (possible) costs – email email@example.com.
- Calendar of Training: This training programme is included in our annual calendar of training to cater for individual bookings. Check our Calendar of Training for scheduled dates.