The next one-day workshop on HIV and STIs takes place on
check back soon for the next date
This popular one-day training aims to provide participants with basic up-to-date and relevant information on HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including transmission, prevention, testing and treatment.
Who is the training for?
The training will be beneficial to people working across a range of sectors who work with service users who may be at risk of HIV, STIs and poorer sexual health outcomes, such as youth projects and organisations, LGBT organisations, education centres, drugs-related projects, housing/homeless projects, and organisations working with migrant communities and asylum seekers/refugees.
Training Programme Content:
- Overview of HIV.
- HIV Statistics and trends in HIV diagnoses.
- HIV: transmission, prevention, testing and treatment.
- STI Statistics and trends.
- STIs: transmission, prevention, testing and treatment.
- Condoms and Safer Sex.
- HIV and STI services and resources.
Length of Training:
This is a full-day training programme, approx. 7 hours in duration.
CPD Credits: A certificate of attendance detailing the number of hours training completed is provided to each participant. This will enable you to apply for your own CPD credits with your accrediting associations and organisations.
Book this training:
- Organisation Bookings: Organisations can request this training when there is a number of staff to be trained. A maximum of 15 participants applies. Contact us for further details and (possible) costs – email email@example.com.
- Calendar of Training: This training programme is included in our annual calendar of training to cater for individual bookings. Check our Calendar of Training for scheduled dates.