The Community Support Programme at HIV Ireland provides for the information and support needs of people living with HIV, their families and caregivers. Staff consistently seek opportunities to engage with vulnerable and marginalised groups facilitating access, via Street Outreach, to information and testing for those who may be at risk of HIV or Hepatitis transmission or sexually transmitted infections. Experienced and highly qualified staff, with whom both health care and other professionals seek consultation and advice relating to HIV and harm reduction, deliver this long-established programme.
Some of the services offered by the Community Support team include:
- advocacy & mediation
- referral services
- outreach services
- hospital/home/prison visits
- social welfare information
- one-to-one support
- HIV/sexual health/harm reduction information
- progression to further education/training/work
- support to non-sector agency professionals encountering people living with HIV or at-risk clients
- support to agencies engaging in street outreach
For further information, please contact the CS Co-ordinator. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01-8733799.