The Community Support Programme at HIV Ireland provides for the information and support needs of people living with HIV, their families and caregivers. Experienced and highly qualified staff, with whom both health care and other professionals seek consultation and advice relating to HIV and harm reduction, deliver this long-established programme.
Some of the services offered by the Community Support team include:
- one-to-one support
- referral services
- advocacy (examples include help with accessing medication, discrimination, homelessness, housing, mortgages)
- legal information and support
- support and advice on moving to Ireland
- access to peer support
- welfare information
- free counselling
- outreach services: hospital/home/prison visits
- HIV/sexual health/harm reduction information
- progression to further education/training/work
- support to non-sector agency professionals encountering people living with HIV or vulnerable clients
All services are free of charge.
For further information, or to access these services, please contact Dr Erin Nugent, Programme Co-ordinator. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01-8733799.